Honor-Shame Training: Cambodia
Honor & Shame Ministry Training WorkshopNovember 16 & 17 (8:30am – 5pm) in Phnom Penh Hosted by World Team. Registration will be available Sept 16-Nov 6, but mark your calendars for now. The cost and exact location TBD. The Honor-Shame training workshop equips Christian workers with the practical skills to understand and bless people of honor-shame cultures. We fuse academic research with seasoned field experience into an informative training experience. The workshop examines honor and shame in 3 spheres. 1) Culture & Relationships
- What is honor and shame?
- What are the prominent features of HS (honor-shame) cultures?
- How can we build better relationships in HS contexts?
- How do we navigate conflict without shaming people?
- What are the main verses about HS?
- How does the Bible communicate a theology of HS?
- How does HS help us understand salvation-history in the Bible?
- How can we reframe theology (God, sin, atonement, etc.) in HS language?
- What can we join in God’s mission of honoring all people?
- How can we share the gospel with HS people?
- What is discipleship in an HS context?
- How can church-planting and development projects be fruitful in HS cultures?