- The 3D Gospel: Ministry in Guilt, Shame, and Fear Cultures (Timē Press, 2014)
- Ministering in Honor-Shame Cultures: Biblical Foundations and Practical Essentials, co-authored with Mark D. Baker (IVP Academic, 2016)
- 1 Peter: An Honor-Shame Paraphrase (Timē Press, 2017)
- Esther: An Honor-Shame Paraphrase (Timē Press, 2017)
- Psalms: An Honor-Shame Paraphrase (Timē Press, 2018)
- Ministering in Patronage Cultures: Biblical Models and Missional Implications (IVP Academic, summer 2019)
“Putting ‘Faith’ In Context.“ Modern Reformation (July-Aug 2017)
“Get Face, Give Face: A Biblical Paradigm for Mission in Honor-Shame Contexts.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly (June 2017).
“Honor and Shame in God’s Mission.” Lausanne Global Analysis (March 2017)
“Our Culture Shock: Practical Advice for Teaching International Students from Honor-Shame Cultures.” Christian Educators Journal. (February 2017).
“Transforming Honor: Biblical Morality and Ethics in Honor-Shame Contexts.” In Reconciliation in Guilt, Shame, and Fear Cultures, ed. Paul DeNeui (Pasadena, CA: William Carey Press, 2017).
- “Reconstructing Central Asian Honor Codes via Orality.” In Beyond Literate Western Contexts: Honor & Shame and Assessment of Orality Preference, ed. Samuel E. Chiang and Grant Lovejoy (Hong Kong: International Orality Network, 2015).
- “Why Has Nobody Told Me This?: The Gospel the World is Waiting For.” Mission Frontiers 37:1 (2015).
- “Dignification: An Exegetical Soteriology of Divine Honor.” Scottish Journal of Theology 66:1(2013)
- “From Shame to Honor: A Theological Reading of Romans for Honor-Shame Contexts.” Missiology 38:3 (2010).
- “A Missionary Ethic of Economic Affluence.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 45:3 (2009).
- “A Muslim Theology of Jesus’ Birth and Death.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 41:4 (2005). Republished in EMQ’s best-of compilation Envisioning Effective Ministry, eds. Laurie Nichols and Gary Corwin (Wheaton, IL: EMIS, 2010).
- Websites: www.HonorShame.com (2013), www.TheCultureTest.com (2014).
And in my real life, I enjoy playing any sport with a ball, mountain biking, reading international news, and talking about honor and shame from any possible angle. Our family lives among a diverse refugee community in Atlanta. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.