REGISTER NOW: The 2017 Honor-Shame Network Conference
You can now register for “Honor, Shame, & the Gospel“—the Honor-Shame Network Conference at Wheaton College, June 2017! The price of $309 is all-inclusive—the conference, lodging, meals and snacks. Register soon because the price increases every 50 registrants!
This event will help you go deeper into the topic of honor and shame through collaborating, networking, and learning. Key topics will include: patronage, evangelism, discipleship, leadership, spirituality, contextualization.
We just finalized the conference workshops. Along with 6 plenary sessions (David deSilva, Jayson Georges, Bobby Gupta, Jackson Wu, Steven Hawthorne, and Brent Sandy) there will be over 20 outstanding workshops from professors and practitioners from around the world!
- DJ Chuang: “Towards Erasing the Shame of Mental Illness”
- Rico Cortez: “The Function of the Day of Atonement in the Letter to the Hebrews”
- Sam Heldenbrand: “Honor, Shame, and the Gospel: Reframing the Messenger”
- Steve Hong: “Unlocking Evangelism in our Cities with an Honor-Shame Framework”
- Jeff Jackson: “Honor-Shame as a Crucial Component of a Local Church’s Ministry to Current or Former US military Members and their Families”
- Joyce Jow: “From Pollution to Purity: The Restoration of the Hemorrhaging Woman”
- Dr. Mark Kreitzer: “The Underlying Nakedness-Shame Motif in Scripture: Implications for Cross-Cultural Proclamation of the Gospel”
- Arley Loewen: “A Cruciform-Shaped Honor in Ministry”
- Werner Mischke: “The Gospel of the Kingdom for a World of Violence”
- Martin Munyao, David Tarus: “Tribalism and Identity: Tracing ‘From Shame to Honor’ Theme in Africa’s Identity Theology to Reframe the Gospel for Kenya”
- Dr. Larry Persons: “Clothing the Gospel in the Language of ‘Face’”
- Dr. Wilson Phang: “The Other 2/3rds of the Gospel: Good News for All People”
- Dr. Katie Rawson: “A Gospel that Reconciles: Teaching About Honor-Shame to Advance Racial and Ethnic Reconciliation”
- Dr. E. Randolph Richards: “Honor-Shame in the Gospel of John”
- Nolan Sharp: “Samuel as a Narrative Resource for National Reconciliation in Honor-Shame Cultures”
- Dr. Sheryl Takagi Silzer: “How the Honor-Shame Dynamic Works in East Asian Cultures”
- Randall Spacht, Lacides Hernandez; Juan Guillermo Cardona: “The 3D Gospel in Latin America”
- Randall Spacht, Lacides Hernandez; Juan Guillermo Cardona: “Honoring Students of Honor-Shame Workshops through Empowerment”
- Dr. Tom Steffen: “A Clothesline Theology for the World: How A Value Driven Metanarrative of Scripture Can Frame the Gospel”
- Lynn Thigpen: “Redeeming the Poverty-Shame Limited Education Cycle through Gracing”
- Russell Thorp: “Filling Gaps in Ministry in Melanesia through Understanding Honor and Shame”
- Dr. Patty Toland: “Redeeming and Strengthening Honor and Shame Practices in Church Relationships”
- Dr. Steve Tracy: “Abuse and Shame: How the Cross Transforms Shame”
- Robert Walter: “Grace in the Face of God”
- Robert Walter: “Four Dynamics for a Harvest in Honor-Shame Societies”
- Jerry Wiles: “Honor, Shame and the Gospel in the Orality Movement”
- Dr. Dan Wu: “Wrestling with Honour: Clarifying What Honour Is through the Concept of the Public Court of Reputation”
- Richard Yaqoub: “The Good Shepherd and Arab Patronage: Using the Biblical Motif of God as Shepherd to Help Form a Christology in the Language of 21st Century Arab Patron-Client Relationships”
Visit https://honorshame-conference.com/ to learn more and register.